About Me

My photo
Marquette University student majoring in Public Relations w/ minor in International Affairs. I have a love for culture, languages and food. If i had all the money in the world, I would try every restaurant in every country. I also have a love for culture, hence my love for traveling. I wish I can be fluent mostly in Spanish, but I am not opposed to learning other languages too!!

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Twitter Experience

At first, I was opposed to having an account in any sort of social media, except for Facebook. I was dreading having to sign up at Blogspot but I was dreading more about Twitter. I was the one person that did not want to get involved in these new social media crazes.

After signing on Blogspot, I though it as kind of cool. I can write anything about I wanted. But then looking around at some other blogs, I noticed that other bloggers had a central theme to their blogs. I was always trying to think of one subject that I can write about. I did have an idea, but I thought that I wasn’t much of an expertise to write about it.

Then came along Twitter. How I dreaded signing up for it. It was as if I was surrendering myself to the power of social media. I didn’t want to be one of those people obsessed with the great creation of social media.

I couldn’t think of a clever or cute account name. So I thought deeply about what my tweets will be about. Will I be tweeting around a certain theme? What is the one thing that I will be talking about? Then I realized there isn’t one thing. I honestly have random thoughts. Hence the account name camsRandoms was born.

I had trouble on what random thoughts I had that should be tweeted or not be tweeted. I honestly thought the first couple of tweets were boring and impossible for people to be able to respond to.

I then realized that my account name should relate to what I tweet about- random things/thoughts. And that it was okay to do so. I guess I had a little trouble figuring out if my random thoughts mattered.

I really do like twitter now. I didn’t like how the assignment had a minimum amount of tweets, but then if there wasn’t a minimum, I guess I would have never learned the advantages of twitter. Overall, I enjoyed this assignment.

I will definitely continue on tweeting, but maybe less or even more than the requirement on the assignment. I especially like how it gives me the freedom to say whatever I want to say because if I said what I tweeted to a person, they would only say, “Well, that’s random.” They wouldn’t appreciate my, let’s sayt, randomness. It’s a good place for me to pour out my random thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment